Friday, November 27, 2009

Why do table borders not appear in Microsoft Word on screen?

A coworker of mine has given me a stumbler, and though I'm pretty familiar with MS Word, I must turn to you for answers.



Folks at our firm often work with Word templates located on a network drive. A feature of this template is that it contains Word tables that are "greyed out," meaning that their borders are set not to be printed out on paper.



My coworker can't see those greyed-out borders on her monitor. The tables are still there, right enough, and I can easily enable their borders so that they can print, but otherwise they just don't show up. I can see them on my computer fine.



I think the issue is not with the tables themselves, but with some weird View option - as far as I can tell, though, the background hasn't been changed.



Nothing's wrong with the Borders and Shading dialog either, even when access through Page Setup. %26amp; also he Options dialog was a dead end.



It's harmless enough, I suppose, but kind of annoying. Anyway, thanks for your attention



Why do table borders not appear in Microsoft Word on screen?ie



There is an option in MSWord..in Tables called Hide Gridlines. Try that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
postage rate