Sunday, November 29, 2009

Matrices in Microsoft Word 2007?

I have the new Windows Vista with Microsoft Word 2007. In Word, in the equation editor, it gives me some templates for matrices, but none of them are big enough. And there isn't a 'make a matrix of you own order' tab, either. Help!



Matrices in Microsoft Word 2007?ie 7



Are you sure about this? I don't have 2007, but I have Word 2003 and it's in there - in fact, I remember this feature being around back in Word 6.0 (I think 2.0 as well, but I'm not sure).



Anyway, in the 2003 equation editor, under the matrix templates it has a grid of options laid out like this:



1x2 2x1 2x2



1x3 3x1 3x3



1xn nx1 mxn



where the ones in the bottom row have dotted lines joining their elements.



If you click on the bottom right one you get a dialog box in which you can specify the number of columns and rows. I created a 23x8 matrix with no trouble.



Matrices in Microsoft Word 2007?ireland internet explorer



You could try building a table the right size and adjust the borders. It seems very clunky.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
postage rate