Friday, November 27, 2009

How do you use Microsoft Word to to view an HTML document as it would appear on a website?

I understand it has something to do with replacing the file host url with where it is saved on your computer locally...For example replace the (background="http://www.examplefilehost....



with like (background="C:\Documents and Settings\testpic.jpg").



Can anyone explain exactly what I'm doing wrong? I'm guessing I'm close but no dice. I would like to work on my templates on a PC that has no internet connection. I usually edit my stuff at practicewriter.com



How do you use Microsoft Word to to view an HTML document as it would appear on a website?uninstall internet explorer



As I understand it, you are trying to use Word to view an HTML file. It seems what you are asking is how you can use Word as an HTML editor. Word is about the worst HTML editor you would ever want to have. It generates absolutely atrocious HTML. You can download HTML-Kit for free. It is an HTML editor with the ability to edit the raw HTML as well as helpers for all the tags.



Plus, it has a tab which gives you an instant view of what it looks like in the browser. Add to that a built in FTP client so you can upload you files to your site right from there. I use is all the time.



It isn't a WYSIWYG editor. But the ability to quickly see the result is pretty darn close.



If you want to spend some money, you can buy DreamWeaver.



How do you use Microsoft Word to to view an HTML document as it would appear on a website?microsoft.com internet explorer



don't think you can, use notepadd ++ it is MUCH easier
In word you can do "File %26gt; Save as" and then instead of selecting "word document" at the bottom, select "HTML document".



Then save it to whichever folder you want (my documents %26gt; html files) or something like that.



Then open "My computer" or "windows explorer" , find the folder, and double click on the HTML file you just saved.



It should open w/ your internet browser and pretty much like your word doc did (may not be exactly the same b/c of formatting differences b/n word and the html code)



Or if you really mean how can you view an existing website (like yahoo.com) in WORD, then try giong to the website, hit Ctrl - A ,(or select all), then copy. Then paste it into word. This works sometimes, but other times the formatting gets messed up.



Not sure if I fully understand your question though
Under "View"..WEB layout
Well, you can write the web doc in word and do a save-as HTML. Then just have any browser open it.



Or write the code in notepad (or notepad++) and then open it in any browser.



I am not sure I am answering your question, but am also not sure why you think you need to have word open the html file. You do not need to be online to view your html files.



Just open your browswer, ignore the not online message, and go to file, open.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
postage rate