Friday, November 27, 2009

Can I protect an object / picture in Microsoft Word, yet allow further editing?

I am trying to create a Microsoft Word version of corporate letterhead. This involves placing a picture object (logo, letterhead, etc.) on a Word template.



The right way to do it is to use the header/footer capabilities. However, headers and footers are not visible in certain "views" of Microsoft Word (e.g. View %26gt; Normal). So this method will not suffice because certain users will question whether the stationery is on the document.



The "wrong" way to do it is to embed the letterhead picture in the document itself. The letterhead picture is then always visible. However, it is easily deleted by the user.



I am trying for a happy medium. Can I embed the letterhead picture in the document, yet protect it by some means from accidental deletion? For instance, QuarkXPress allows you to lock a single object.



I cannot use the standard Microsoft Word "document protection" capabilities, because that locks the entire document from editing -- which is not my intention.



Can I protect an object / picture in Microsoft Word, yet allow further editing?replacement windows



I understand your question but there is no possibility for you to do so , as you have already mentione that you will lock the whole document.



I would go with Header/footer option.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
postage rate