Sunday, November 29, 2009

In Microsoft Word I have a calandar template I use every day. How do I keep it open and ready to use

I usually just minimize it but sometimes I have to close Word and then I have to open Word again and hunt for it and sometimes I haven't saved new entires I've made on it. And everytime I save it there is a new copy saved so now I have about 12 copies of it.



Is there some way I can keep it open and ready (hopefully with all entries automatically saved) to use even if I shut down my computer and turn it back on?



In Microsoft Word I have a calandar template I use every day. How do I keep it open and ready to use?microsoft downloads



You can add the a short cut to the file in your start up folder. On XP, click start, all programs, then the start up folder. This would open the file everytime you log on to windows.



With in Word you can set it to autosave every minute.



Open word click on tools, then options. On the save tab, set "Save AutoRecover Info" to 1 minute.



Keep in mind Word is a memory hog and may slow down your computer by keeping it open all the time. You might want to try using an online service such as Yahoo Calendar.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
postage rate