Sunday, April 25, 2010

Microsoft 2003. How do I set up a template that pops the cursor to the next location.?

Okay I have documents that typically looks like this:



blah blah blah blah



blah: ?



blah: ?



blah: ?



Approved by: blah



All the blahs stay the same. I need to just change the ?s with data. I would prefer those spots to stay empty. So I was going to set up a template (.dot) ... And I was wondering how I get the cursor to automatically pop up where the next question mark is so I can enter in the new data.



I HAVE been just having this as a .doc and have been just deleting and re entering the numbers. I dont want to do this anymore. So if thats what you are suggesting - thanks for the information that I already know. I would like to expand my Microsoft abilities though!



I KNOW it can be done. I've been messing with field codes and stuff but Im just not getting it right. All I can do is have the correct date to be there automatically when I open up the template.



Also, when I reopen the document and I start entering data, how do I get the cursor to the next location?



Microsoft 2003. How do I set up a template that pops the cursor to the next location.?microsoft vista



Use the Forms feature to insert form fields. You can open the Forms toolbar to access the tools. Also, try using the Help feature for the details...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
postage rate